1) Who was the first person to graft French vines onto American rootstock to prevent phylloxera? Answer: Texas viticulturist T.V. Munson July 01
2) The Spanish province of Catalonia has outlawed what for its wines? Answer: Screw caps and artificial closures
3) The Italian Sommelier Association bestowed the title of honorary sommelier on which major religious figure? Answer: Pope Benedict XVI
4) The most widely planted grape variety in Bordeaux is what? Answer: Merlot
5) The cause of cork taint (a chemical known as TCA), was first identified in what year? Answer: 1981, by Swiss researcher Hans Tanner
6) Priced up to $800,000 per acre, the world's most expensive vineyard lard is located in what region? Answer: Bordeaux
Find your favorite here...